Supporting the Park
The Friends of Hartman Creek State Park is devoted to preserving the natural beauty of the park and and educating the park users by providing information, guides and financial resources. Members play a vital role in park improvements - some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Purchasing a new Bobcat tractor for the park
- Building a new wood & ice shed
- Completely restoring the Hellestad House, an authentic Norwegian log cabin located by Allen Lake.
- Building a new concession stand with picnic area at the beach (2007). Currently the Hartman Creek home of Adventure Outfitters.
- Renovating the amphitheater at Hartman Lake
- Purchasing a cross-country ski trail groomer in 2009
- Purchasing a 4-wheel maintenance vehicle for trail use
- Paying for park summer maps
- Many others as well
In addition to financial donations, Friends members donate hundreds of hours of volunteer time each year. The Hellestad House, a restored settler's cabin located in the park, is staffed in the summer by Friends volunteers. The Friends also help with trail maintenance, invasive species control and with many other projects around the park. We would love to have you as a volunteer! There are many more ways to help too - writing articles for our newsletters, newspaper or website, bluebird house monitoring and many more projects that keep the park the great place that we all enjoy!
Not a Friends member? We'd love you to join! Click here to go to our membership form. You can also find membership forms at the park. We look forward to meeting you!